Funeral Plans – A Smart Investment
We give you up to £100* on Golden Charter Pre-paid Funeral Plans.
Dying without a plan in place leaves your relatives arranging your funeral at very short notice, when extremely emotional and in a fragile state.
Obviously buying a funeral plan in advance is a smarter option, especially when this means you can also make substantial savings. Furthermore, it gives peace of mind, helps loved ones at a difficult time and ensures your funeral is exactly how you want it to be.
SunLife’s 2017 Cost of Dying report found that:
• Sadly only 1% of people organising a funeral knew all of the deceased’s wishes
• 21% knew nothing of the deceased’s wishes
• 45% did not know if their loved one wanted to be cremated or buried
• 63% did not know whether to hold a religious or non-religious service
The report also showed that funerals have more than doubled in price since 2004. Average funerals now cost over £4,000 – so could double again to £8000 by 2027. But paying for your funeral plan in advance freezes the cost of all the funeral director’s services included in your plan at today’s prices.
But it’s not just a financial decision, it’s an emotional one.
It really is about helping to ease stress and having something in place that will mean your clients loved ones will have one less thing to think about at one of life’s saddest times.
Before choosing a funeral plan you should first compare providers. Fortunately we have done this for you. Although we can provide you with any pre-paid funeral plan available, we are happy to recommend funeral plans provided by Golden Charter. But why we hear you asking?
Because: their plans are competitively priced against all other funeral plan providers; you have the peace of mind knowing that Golden Charter are registered with the Funeral Planning Authority; and all funds are kept securely in the Golden Charter Trust currently valued at £936m**.
Also, Golden Charter:
- is owned by the country’s widest network of independent funeral directors
- have over 500,000 people in the UK who have purchased a Golden Charter funeral plan
- work with over 3,000 independent funeral directors to give you the widest choice and coverage in the UK
- allocate your funeral director when you take out your plan so that you will know in advance the name and location of the funeral director
- has plans from £2,895 and options to tailor your plan to suit your needs
- has a wide range of flexible payment methods
- gives Guaranteed Acceptance – no medical or health questions
- Funeral plans are also portable across the UK
Golden Charter customers surveyed are more likely to recommend them to friends and families, compared with customers of other funeral plan providers (Independent research – September 2017).
Golden Charter’s most popular Pre-paid Funeral Plans:
(All Funeral Director’s fees and £1100 allowance for 3rd party costs***)
(as Standard + 1 limousine)
(as Standard + 2 limousines)
Prices shown above do not include your £100 cashback (see below for further details)
* This will be a cash back payment from us two months after your plan has been accepted by Golden Charter
** £936m audited accounts, 2016-17, goldenchartertrust.co.uk
*** 3rd party costs include the crematorium’s fee or the cost of burial at a cemetery, plus the minister or officiant’s fee to perform the service