Why are we called Amba Legal Services?
Amba is the name given to the Siberian tiger by the local indigenous Udegai people in the Far East. It is also the name given to a WWF project to protect future generations of the Siberian tigers as they are an endangered species.
We are a Worcestershire based family-owned firm who love tigers just as much as we love helping to protect our clients and their future generations. That’s why we’re called Amba and tiger stripes feature in our company logo.
We are also fully qualified Specialist Legal Professionals in preparing: Cost-effective Wills, Business & Personal Estate Planning, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trusts and other legal documents, secure document storage, and step-by-step advice on managing Probate.
We are members of the Institute of Professional Willwriters (IPW), a self-regulating professional body, which was established in 1990 to promote standards within the industry and to protect the interests of its members and of the public.
As members we are qualified by examination to write Wills and associated legal documents and must:
- carry £2 million Professional Indemnity Insurance cover per client
- carry at least £2 million Public Liability insurance cover
- undergo a Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure
- undertake Continuous Professional Development to ensure that our advice is leading edge and reflects best practice
- comply with all aspects of the IPW’s Code of Practice
- give Great Value Guaranteed Fixed Prices with no hidden costs
- visit you in the comfort of your own home or place of work, give you any advice you need and take your instructions
- draft your bespoke legal documents based upon your circumstances, wishes, hopes and concerns
- have over 45 years combined experience working in the legal professionWe are proud to support the local charities Midlands Air Ambulance and Acorns, St. Richard’s, Kemp & Primrose Hospices; as well as the WWF Tiger Protector fund.
Our Executive Team
Mark retired as a Detective Superintendent and Director of Intelligence from West Mercia Police in 2009 to retrain as a specialist legal professional, focusing on the provision of estate planning services to clients throughout Worcestershire and the surrounding counties.
In 2010 he founded the family firm of Amba Legal Services, seeing it grow to become the definitive point of contact for professional advice for thousands of satisfied clients, including solicitors, local residents and business owners.
Mark is educated to degree level, a Fellow of the Institute of Professional Willwriters and of the Institute of Paralegals and has 40 years legal experience. He can advise you on the whole range of estate planning services from Wills, Probate, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Funeral Plans; he specializes in helping clients to preserve their assets through the use of Will Trusts and Asset Protection Trusts.
Mark says: “As a Professional Willwriter, I realise that for our business to thrive it needs to set itself apart from all other firms offering Wills – that’s why our IPW membership, along with our compliance with the Trading Standards Institute Approved Code of Practice is an essential part of our business strategy and credibility.”
Lauren joined the company early in 2015. She is a fully qualified member of the Institute of Professional Willwriters and has additional experience of Employment Law.
Her specialisms include advising on Wills, Probate, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trusts and Funeral Plans and she uses this experience and knowledge to provide excellent advice and service to our clients. She is also trained in property searches on the Land Registry.
Lyn has almost 40 years experience in the legal industry and specializes in Employment law and Personnel management. Having worked with the private and public sectors as well as charities, she has amassed a wealth of knowledge.
As a key member of our family business she oversees our administrative processes and ensures we keep up to date with employment law practices for the benefit of our clients.