Powers of Attorney from £95 per Client
Power of Attorneys from £95 per Client – As Important as a Will and now even better value.
No Will and you don’t get to choose where your assets go.
But without a Lasting Power of Attorney if you lose your faculties due to injury or illness, your assets could be locked down, meaning accessing your finances would be very difficult and costly for your family.
They could mean going to Court causing them great stress, considerable delay and it is extremely expensive.
And it’s not an age thing either, because anyone can bang their head from a sports injury or a car accident – we have clients as young as 20 who have Powers of Attorneys.
It is a common misconception that joint bank accounts can be used while one person has lost capacity – this is not the case because even joint bank accounts will be frozen by the bank until capacity is regained or an attorney is created.
With a Power of Attorney decisions you can no longer make for yourself can be made by your Attorney (usually a family member)– decisions on matters concerning your finance & property and your health & welfare.
Why you should do it now?
If you leave it until you need it, by law it will then be too late to draw up Lasting Power of Attorneys (LPAs). One person develops dementia every 3 minutes, sometimes as young as in your 30’s! And 1 person every 90 seconds is injured in road crashes in the UK. Others lose capacity in a variety of ways. And it’s often very quickly.
Why use us?
- As an IPW member we are professionally trained and have the backing of professional indemnity insurance.
- We have prepared hundreds of LPAs for our clients of all ages and circumstances.
- We explain the different types available, how it all works and help you choose the right LPAs for your needs.
- We advise you on the choice of attorney(s) and how and when they can act, including any instructions you want to give them.
- We can act as witness and professional certificate provider for your LPAs.
- You keep control. We let you decide whether and when to register it.
- We give you and your chosen Attorneys detailed guidance at no extra cost.
- Our fees are way below the average price charged by solicitors local to us*, which saves you money.
Why such low prices?
- Because everyone benefits.
- You save money and get the LPAs you need.
- Our clients go on to use us for other services and recommend us to their friends.
There are two types of LPA, both of which we can assist you with:
A Property and Financial Affairs LPA & A Health and Welfare LPA
Whilst the first deals with your home and finances, the second is equally important and deals with all your medical, personal and healthcare needs, giving control to your trusted attorneys instead of nameless government employees.
* Based on telephone research of Worcestershire based solicitors fees in September 2020