Frequently Asked Questions
Why use us?
- We are professionally trained members of the Institute of Professional Willwriters and are backed by £2million professional indemnity insurance.
- Hundreds of Wills and Powers of Attorney are prepared by us every year.
- Our guaranteed fixed fees provide you with fully insured professionally Wills and Lasting Power of Attorneys that meet your exact needs.
- We give you a Free Funeral Plan and a Free Executor Information Plan with every Will or Power of Attorney you buy from us.
- Our clients have kindly given us fantastic reviews for the services we provide.
- Simple as that.
Why do I need a Will?
- Without a legal Will the law decides who inherits, which could end up being the taxman.
- But with a Will you decide.
- And with a Will its invariably quicker, easier and cheaper to wind up your estate.
Why do I need a Lasting Power of Attorney?
- Without a Lasting Power of Attorney if you lose your faculties due to injury or illness, your assets could be locked down, meaning accessing your finances would be very difficult and costly for your family.
- With a Power of Attorney decisions you can no longer make for yourself can be made by your Attorney (usually a family member)– decisions on matters concerning your finance & property and your health & welfare.
Why have a Funeral Plan?
- Regardless of age, status, health, or income, everyone should have the opportunity to formalise and record their funeral wishes.
- By having a Funeral Plan you can eliminate any uncertainty or indecision amongst your loved ones as to what you want your funeral to include, and how you’d like to be remembered.
What is Probate?
- This means the winding up of someone’s estate when they die & paying any inheritance tax due.
- Probate is usually a time-consuming, complex matter and carries heavy legal responsibilities, which can last for several years after the death of the estate holder.
- So it should not be attempted without a lot of spare time, patience and some experience.
Why should I store my Will professionally?
- The original Will you sign is the only legally binding version of the document.
- Sadly, every day over 40% of Wills are lost, damaged or destroyed – so it is vitally important that you safeguard yours to prevent the Courts declaring it invalid.
- That’s why so many of our clients choose to store their Wills safely and securely with Document Safeguard Ltd.